Indulge in the irresistible aroma of warm, flaky puff pastry and sweet caramelized apples with these Puff Pastry Apple Tarts! Perfect for a cozy dessert or a sweet treat with your afternoon tea. Check out the recipe below and get ready to bake up some deliciousness!
• 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed
• 2 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
• 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
• Powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
Ready to impress your taste buds? Follow these simple steps and create these heavenly Puff Pastry Apple Tarts!
– Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
– On a lightly floured surface, roll out the thawed puff pastry sheet into a square or rectangle, about 1/8-inch thick.
– Using a sharp knife or a pastry cutter, cut the puff pastry into smaller squares or rectangles, depending on the desired size of your tarts.
– Place the puff pastry squares or rectangles onto the prepared baking sheet.
– In a small bowl, mix together the granulated sugar, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg.
– Arrange the thinly sliced apples in a decorative pattern on top of the puff pastry squares or rectangles, leaving a small border around the edges.
– Brush the melted butter generously over the apples and sprinkle the sugar and spice mixture evenly over the top.
– Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the puff pastry is golden and the apples are caramelized.
– Remove from the oven and let the Puff Pastry Apple Tarts cool slightly.
– Optional: Dust with powdered sugar for a beautiful finishing touch.
– Serve warm and enjoy the heavenly combination of flaky puff pastry and sweet caramelized apples!
Get ready to indulge in these heavenly Puff Pastry Apple Tarts! Perfect for a cozy dessert or a sweet treat with your afternoon tea.